Have you ever wondered what a banana’s nutritional value is? In addition to being high in vitamin B6, bananas are a good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, and manganese.
Below is why bananas are good for you.
Amazing Benefits of Bananas
1. A good source of vitamin B6
Bananas are high in vitamin B6, making them one of the best fruits to eat. They provide roughly a quarter of our daily vitamin B6 needs.
Vitamin B6 helps the body:
- Produce red blood cells
- convert carbohydrates and lipids to energy
- metabolize amino acids
- eliminate harmful chemicals from the liver and kidneys
- Lastly, keep the nervous system healthy.
2. Bananas contain manganese, which is beneficial to the skin
Manganese helps in the production of collagen and protects the skin and other cells from free radical damage.
3. Improves heart health
Because bananas are rich in potassium, they help the body’s circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain. This also helps in the body’s maintenance of a regular heartbeat and lower blood pressure.
4. Bananas are a good source of vitamin C
Although you may not link bananas with vitamin C, a medium-sized banana provide about 10% of our daily vitamin C needs.
Vitamin C helps:
- Protect the body from cell and tissue damage
- improve iron absorption
- increase collagen production (the protein that holds the skin, bones, and body together).
5. Bananas serve as a natural laxative
Eat bananas, and say goodbye to constipation. Fully ripe bananas have a type of fiber that helps to restore and maintain regular bowel functions.
Leave a Reply