Leaky breasts occur when milk rushes out of the breasts of a mother when the baby is not sucking or the mother is not expressing. It happens when a woman’s breasts are full of milk.
This could be the result of a delayed feed or the fact that your baby is feeding on one breast. Also, it happens if you hear the cry of a baby or think about your baby.
At times, leaking breasts may happen while taking a warm shower or snuggling up with your significant other. It can also happen for no apparent reason.
It’s worth noting that leaking breasts are a sure sign that a mother’s milk supply is excellent. During the first few months of breastfeeding, it’s fairly common. It usually gets better as your body gets used to your baby’s breastfeeding habit. Meanwhile, here are a few options for dealing with with leaking breastmilk.
1. Wear dresses that can conceal leaks. For instance, dark-tone dresses.
2. Your brassieres should fit perfectly. Not only do they make the melons look good, but they also help to prevent a leak.
3. Protect your clothing with a breast pad. Reusable or disposable. It’s your call.
4. You can either breastfeed frequently or express as can.
If you’re embarrassed by milk leaking during sex, talk to your significant other. You might find out that it isn’t such a big deal after all. However, to avoid drips and sprays, wear a bra with a breast pad during the action, or breastfeed or express before getting cozy. It can be humiliating to leak milk but don’t panic. It’s one of those things where you can’t always do anything about it.
- Nhs. Leaking from your nipples. Available at https://nhs.uk
- Baby child. How to deal with leaking breastmilk. Available at https://www.babychildandco.com/how-to-deal-with-leaking-milk-1-min-read/
Leave a Reply